Be equipped to address modern health challenges.
In today’s changing and uncertain healthcare environment, your decisions can affect much more than the bottom line — they can also impact entire communities. That’s why organizations are increasingly looking for new ways to ensure that they’re making the best choices using available information on common health concerns, as well as emerging global issues like COVID-19.
With an online micro-credential in Health Informatics and Data Analytics from Duquesne University, you can prepare to take a leading role in driving organizational strategy and implementing new processes through the effective use of data.
What is a micro-credential?
In today’s competitive marketplace, you’re expected to continuously seek new learning opportunities to develop your skills. One way to show your commitment to professional growth is by earning a micro-credential, which is a certification indicating demonstrated competency or mastery in a specific area.
A key benefit of a micro-credential is that it can help you evolve in your career and enhance your value in the workforce without requiring you to fully commit to an advanced degree program.
Students in our Health Informatics and Data Analytics micro-credential program receive the same expert instruction as those in our Master of Health Administration (MHA) and take courses that are included in the MHA curriculum. And if you decide to pursue your master’s later, you can apply your micro-credential credits toward the degree.
Why earn a Health Informatics and Data Analytics Micro-Credential?
This 12-credit program is designed for aspiring leaders or those already in management positions who want to enhance their ability to understand, leverage and share data in a healthcare setting. Coursework can help you:
- Design, develop and apply IT-based innovations in healthcare delivery
- Convert data to actionable information for decision-makers
- Leverage data mining and predictive modeling to discover new information
- Gain a greater understanding of the theory, technical requirements and applications of information systems in healthcare
- Utilize data visualization to more easily communicate information
The smart choice — an online micro-credential in Health Informatics and Data Analytics.
- Study at a research-based institution. The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education classifies Duquesne as a “Doctoral University: High Research Activity.”
- Flexible online program. Complete coursework from anywhere, on your schedule.
- Learn from respected leaders in the field. Our faculty are internationally known and actively practice in the healthcare community.
- Graduate from a top-ranked institution. Study at a university ranked among “America’s Best Colleges” and “Best Value Schools” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Prepare for industry certification. Courses covers many domains that are included on the American Health Information Management Association’s Certified Health Data Analyst exam.
Why choose Duquesne for your online micro‑credential?
This program is offered through Duquesne’s John G. Rangos, Sr. School of Health Sciences (RSHS), one of the largest health sciences schools in the country. Our nationally recognized programs are led by internationally renowned faculty who actively practice in the healthcare community.
The courses you will be taking are also included as part of our Master of Health Administration program, and credits earned from this micro-credential can later be applied toward the full degree.
Online Health Informatics and Data Analytics Micro‑Credential Curriculum
12 Credit Hours | 4 Courses
Where can you apply the skills you learn in this program?
Healthcare organizations are increasingly relying on data to make better-informed decisions. This program can help you develop skills that are relevant across a wide range of biomedical settings, including:
- Healthcare systems
- The insurance industry
- Medical group practices
- Skilled nursing and long-term care facilities
- Consulting firms
Duquesne is consistently recognized for academic excellence:
Ranked among “America’s Best Colleges” and “Best Value Schools” by U.S. News & World Report
Ranked among the “Best 384 Colleges” — which profiles only 15 percent of America’s 2,500 four-year colleges — and recognized on the regional list for the Northeast for “2019 Best Colleges” by The Princeton Review
Named as one of “America’s Top Colleges” and listed among “Best Value Colleges” and “Best Value Private Colleges” by Forbes
Classified as a “Doctoral University: High Research Activity” by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education
Online Health Informatics and Data Analytics Micro‑Credential Admissions
To qualify for the online Health Informatics and Data Analytics micro-credential program, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- Earn a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university*
- Achieve a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
In addition to official transcripts, you must provide the following:
- Official TOEFL scores, if applicable*
- Resume or curriculum vitae
*Graduates of foreign institutions will need to have their degrees evaluated by an educational evaluation agency to determine equivalency.